Tuesday 26 June 2007

Plym Valley progress


A line I've not yet visited is the Plym Valley Railway near Plymouth. They are about to double the length of their line, to bring it up to almost a mile. Their 'ultimate' destination is Plym Bridge Halt, a mile and a half from Marsh Mills.

This area had an interesting selection of lines including the 4 foot 6 inch gauge Lee Moor Tramway. Eventually the Plym Valley hope to almost reach the point where these two lines crossed.

Yes, I know, this should be on 'Heritage Railways UK' but to be honest the distinctions between heritage and community routes is become more blurred every day, and it's often a job to decide which to post to! So I've made the decision, with the current upsurge in interest and hits on this site, that I'm going to merge the two blogs and in future post all railway news - heritage or community - to Rail Revival. I'll try to keep the two different strains separate on the sidebar! I'll gradually bring over the old heritage railway posts to this site too, so there's more to read!

Expect other features such as message boards etc soon.

No comments: